Afterguard & Captain's Table
In July 2016 SSV Oliver Hazard Perry commenced operations and experiential education programs at sea as America’s new Tall Ship. While revenue-generating student and adult programs will sustain approximately three quarters of our annual operating budget, we seek to engage individual donors and small businesses in this distinct new annual giving program. The Afterguard Program will fund sail trainee scholarships, partnerships with public schools, youth organizations and cultural institutions, and activities that ensure wide public access and innovative approaches to education.
The Afterguard Members make a $1,000 net annual contribution. The Afterguard Program includes one additional level of support named the Captain’s Table for donors who make a $5,000 charitable contribution.
Contributions and pledges made from December 1st, 2017 through December 1st, 2018 will enroll you in our prestigious Afterguard or Captain's Table program for 2018. Join today to receive our member benefits listed below.
- Unique Oliver Hazard Perry Afterguard Member ball cap
- Prominent recognition on our website www.ohpri.org
- 10% discount of Summer Camp fee for one student family member or friend (first come basis)
- 10% discount of Adult Program fee for one adult family member or friend (first come basis)
- Annual Captain’s Reception in September
- Invitations to special Port Visit events (in conjunction with the ship’s operational calendar)
- Correspondence from students who benefit from Afterguard Member philanthropy
For more information please contact Gretchen Thor (401) 841-0080 or David Guertin, (401) 619-3990
Thank you to our 2018 Captain's Table and Afterguard Members
- George Lewis
- New Orleans Maritime Heritage Foundation
- Avery "Whip" Seaman, Jr.
- Nancy and David Staples
- Stratus Foundation
- The Weschler Family
- Elaine and Rick Williams
- George F. Baker Trust
- Patricia and Philip Bilden
- Lucy Burr
- Lee Campbell, Jr.
- D'Arcy and Jason Carr
- Dayton Carr
- William Casey
- Kit Weschler Diver
- Bart Dunbar and Lisa Lewis
- Hamilton Family Foundation
- Peter R. and Cynthia K. Kellogg Foundation
- Phyllis Kimball Johnstone and H. Earl Kimball Foundation
- Alex Agnew
- Holly and David Ambler
- Sam Bradner
- Lori and John Corbishley
- Vic Farmer
- Felicia Fund
- Pamela and David B. Ford
- Gwen and Austin Fragomen
- In Memory of Teresa F. Galiani
- Lawrence R. Glenn
- RADM and Mrs. David A. Gove, USN, Ret.
- Jim Grundy
- Thomas B. Hagen
- Hamilton Family Foundation
- Sara and Neal Harrell
- Dr. and Mrs. Brian Hogan
- VADM P. Gardner and Erin Howe
- Pam Kirk
- Lisa S. Lewis
- Perry and Elizabeth Lewis
- RADM Barbara McGann, USN, Ret.
- McAdams Charitable Foundation
- Murray Family Charitable Foundation
- Morgan Stanley Foundation
- Robert Morton
- Catherine Piccoli and Richard Rosene
- John D. Picotte Family Foundation
- B. Franklin Reinauer III
- Mort Saunders
- Ross E. Sherbrooke
- George A. Thor
- Vantage in Philanthropy
- Kathy Vespia
- Jennifer Walsh and Bernard M. Wharton
- RADM and Mrs. Glenn E. Whisler, USN, Ret
Every effort is made to ensure that this list is accurate and up-to-date. That said, we have been known to make an error from time to time.
We apologize in advance for any mistakes and urge you to contact us at 401-841-0080 to let us know.