Position: Operations Assistant
Overview: OHPRI is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization operating the Sailing School Vessel Oliver Hazard Perry. Our mission is to provide innovative and empowering education-at-sea programs that promote personal and professional growth.
Job Description: The Operations Assistant will assist the Operations Manager with the safe and efficient logistical operations of the ship.
- Arrange all logistical plans for the vessel, including dockage, fuel, water, provisions, customs, regulations, permits, insurance, port fees
- Arrange details for participation in festivals and port visits
- Work with program partners to coordinate logistical details of their voyage, including trainee administration and sign ups
- Post advertisements for crew positions in relevant places, and seek new streams for outreach.
- Assist with the initial rounds and screening for crew hiring
- Maintain database of crew applicants
- Process crew hiring paperwork
- Assist with identifying & targeting qualified prospects for sales and partnerships
- Building and maintaining a detailed database for partnerships and crew
- Respond to enquiries & cold calling
- Assisting with social media channels and newsletter content
- Emailing trainee updates to parents
- Uploading ship blogs and photos to website
Job Skill Requirements:
- Sailing knowledge / experience preferred, ideally with sail training programs
- Passion for the mission of OHPRI
- Experience with non-profit organization
- Must possess excellent organizational and analytical skills along with the ability to change focus rapidly and multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to quickly become familiar with our program software and databases
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work as a team member.
Start date: Immediate. Part time. Temporary to permanent hire for the right candidate.
Reports to: Operations Manager and Executive Director
Please note this is a shore-based position at our Newport Head Office (11A Bridge St, Newport RI 02840)
How to apply: Applicants should send resume, references and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org